Before patterns go live they are rigorously tested to make sure they're tidy and error-free. Are you a crocheter who would love to help out with this important process in exchange for a free copy of a new pattern?
Pattern testers are required to:
- Test the pattern for accuracy and clarity, and provide correction on any pattern errors. (I work very hard to ensure there are no errors, but you never know!)
- Fully complete their assigned size without any modifications.
- Provide all final measurements in inches.
- Weight the finished garment on a scale to provide yarn ounces information.
- Confirm the number of skeins used to make the garment.
- Provide approximate number of hours it took to complete the project.
- Take a photo (or photos) of the finished object in daylight. Let me know which photos I may use online and on social media.
- Create a project page on Ravelry with photos of the project and link to the pattern when it is live.
In exchange you will get a copy of the pattern for testers for free, along with a sleek new copy of the finished pattern when it goes live. This is a great way to flex your crochet skills, get a behind-the-scenes view of what goes into designing a pattern, and create a crocheted object before anyone else does!
Please note: You will receive the pattern for free, but you will need to use yarn from your stash or purchase new yarn to complete the pattern. Your finished object is yours to keep, of course!
Sign up below and you will receive an email whenever a new pattern is in need of testing!